Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Season's Greetings.

Hey, everyone. Sorry I haven't updated too much since my last post; I'm thinking about getting a twitter or something in order to post regular updates without having to make a one-sentence post. If you all would like that, let me know in the comments.

First off, I want to clear a few things up.

As my active readers know, my house burned down a few months back. Luckily, my dad's side of the family has lived in this area for ages, so we're staying with some of his relatives for the time being. After the attack, my parents are starting to think that someone is out to get them, so they've contacted the police. It's not like they'll help, though, since they've got their hands full with the number of people that's disappeared.

Adding on to that, I've been out of school for a while, so I haven't seen any of my friends for a while, Sarah included. It's not likely I'm going back any time soon, which kind of sucks. I hate being shut in this house with no one to talk to. That, and... well, I don't like being alone right now.

Ever since my attack, I've had this paranoia about me. It's kind of like this 'Slender madness' or whatever they're calling it - they think they're seeing Slender Man everywhere. For me, though, it's this Rake creature. Except I'm not seeing it - I feel like it's there, like it'll come around the corner at any moment and finish me off. I fear that I'll wake one night and have it inches from my face, its claws resting on my chest...

This fear has gotten so strong that I tense every time the floorboards creak, or I see a flash of movement in the corner of my eye. Most of the time, it's just these damn cats that my aunt owns, but I only realize that after I slink back in fear.

I know what this sounds like. I know I'm being cowardly here, and that I should just get a grip. But I can't shake this feeling that the creature is lurking just beyond the realm of my vision, waiting for the opportune time to gut me.

I've read some other stories on the Rake, too. The very first one that I found said that the thing could whisper, suggesting some sort of intelligence - which is just wonderful for someone in my position. The scary thing is that hey, I've actually heard whispers at night! In fact, I think I even made a post about them! So, was that my imagination, or has this thing been stalking me for a while?

As much as I hate to admit it, I think this is the case. The farthest bit of evidence that I have of this creature being close to me is Sarah's father's murder. Remember, he was ripped to shreds in the hospital. At the time, I was thinking it was some lunatic or, and I also hate to admit this, the Slender Man. But maybe it's this thought of the paranormal that caused the creature's gaze to shift to me. If the Rake operates on a high intelligence level, maybe it also has an increased awareness level. Maybe I was so focused on seeing something supernatural, I became a beacon in the darkness within this creature's eyes.

I have another theory that goes along the lines of "Maybe the whispers are actually the Rake trying to manipulate us in our sleep", but that seems a little far fetched. Maybe the asshole is whispering for the sake of being scary; or maybe he's giving our mind subconscious instructions.

Yeah, I don't know. I may be looking too much into it.

Anyway, I'm going to try and contact Sarah soon. I might be able to learn something about her dad that will give me a better idea as to why he was attacked.

No word from Charlie, either. I think it's safe to say he's dead by this point; or maybe he's the painted hobo. Hm. That's one theory that sounds plausible...

Again, let me know if you want me to get a Twitter or something else to keep you updated.

Until next time.

- Art

2 comments:

  1. tIcK t0cK g0eS tHe Cl0Ck

    gazing onacity under tele visionskies

    ashesashesweallfalldown☻

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, aren't you a barrel full of laughs, Uncle Riddles.

    ReplyDelete