Monday, December 26, 2011

Merry Christmas, I guess.

Hello, everyone. I hope everyone had an OK Christmas. Before you start thinking "Oh em gee, he got attacked again!" no, that's not what happened. I actually had an alright Christmas, too. No supernatural creatures came to disturb me while I was celebrating with my family; though, considering that most of my family are an unexciting bunch, I kind of wish that something had happened. It's kind of weird when I think about it. It's like the more these things wait, the more anxious I get.

Okay, I'm stopping right there. I told myself I would not make my next post about these damn things.

Right, Christmas. Let's see...

Well, I got a ton of books. I got to pick them out, too! See, I went to this old bookstore that had a lot of used literature, and I found a few interesting things that'll help me out in the long run. I also got the rest of the "Song of Ice and Fire" books, and let me tell you, they are awesome. They're a great distraction from the real world.

I also got a tape recorder, a new phone, and some clothes. Yes, not too exciting, but what can you expect? My family just lost their damn house.

Sorry, did it again.

Oh, and I also saw The Dark Knight Rises and The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey's trailers the other day. I thought they were great! Christopher Nolan is an excellent director, so I have my complete faith in him about Rises. As for The Hobbit, this also looks like it'll be a lot of fun. The song the dwarves sung is now stuck in my head, too, so I can't help but think about it. Truth be told, I haven't actually read The Hobbit, but there is something weird. The night before I found out the trailer was released, I had been thinking to myself "Hey, I should read Tolkien's books sometime."

Crazy, right?

I'm probably going to read some more Game of Thrones now; I only have forty pages left, and it's amazing. Also, Joffrey is a prick. I hate that son of a bitch (and his mother is a bitch, coincidentally). I love how some of the other characters that are supposed to be on his side also hate his guts. And Tyrion is hilarious. I used to write a character that had his scheming personality, though not quite as well as George R. R. Martin has done. I really hope Tyrion survives the series.

Well, until next time.

- Art

No comments:

Post a Comment