Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Friends, Updates, and Hiking

Hey, everyone. It’s been about a week since I made a post, and as I told you before, Charlie was getting on my case about how I wasn’t using this blog. Well, he did it yet again. Yep, he’s just that much of an asshole.

Nah, I’m just joking. Charlie’s a great guy, and I’m not just saying that because he’s watching this blog. We’ve been friends for a few years, ever since I met him online. Yes, you read that right. We became good friends after playing some Modern Warfare and Left 4 Dead, and when we got to know each other better we found out that he only lived about an hour away from me. We eventually met outside of the gaming atmosphere and started hanging out when we got the chance. Now that both of us have our license, we’re able to meet up almost every day!


The reason I think we’re best friends is because we understand each other. Both of us are thinking about going into the entertainment industry when we’re older, with me as a writer and Charlie as a big-shot director in Hollywood. We both enjoy the same types of things, such as games and movies. But the one thing that’s different about Charlie is that he doesn’t limit himself to the technological world like I do. Yes, he’s as much as a nerd as I am (and you know it, Charlie), but he also gets out and does something, whether it be walking his dog or looking for filming locations (more on that later). He doesn’t play any sports, though, because we both agree that sports are not as big a deal as many Americans make them out to be. In fact, I’m sure both of our schools could do without football and baseball; the school keeps spending money on ‘upgrading’ the stadium that they’re neglecting to hire a full-time nurse or maintain some parts of the building. I mean, seriously – do the announcers need a fucking air-conditioned booth for a two hour game?

Alright, back on topic… Well, all in all, Charlie’s a great guy. I know I’ve made him out to be kind of a jerk because he’s practically forcing me to write this blog, but it’s all for a good cause. I think this is helping me, actually, because I managed to write something today! It’s not anything great, of course, because it’s only a page long. But hey, that’s something.

Oh, right. Updates.

I mentioned in my last post that I wanted you all (or whoever is actually paying attention to this blog) to pray for Sarah, a friend of mine. Well, to those that did – thanks. Things haven’t gotten better, though; in fact, they’re gradually declining. Her dad took off on Saturday after an argument about the bills, I guess, and no one’s heard from him. Sarah is worried to death and has gotten it into her head that something happened to him. Personally, I think the guy had had enough of living in that household and finally just walked away from it. The reason I say that is because Sarah’s mom is a bitch. She’s always grounding her kids for no reason, she almost bit my head off when she learned that I was going to be taking Sarah to the junior prom (Sarah’s just a friend, so don’t get it into your heads that I like her that way), and Sarah told me that all contact from her mom’s side of the family has ceased.

I have no idea why the hell her mom would cut off all communications with her relatives. When I heard that she was getting a divorce it didn’t come as much of a surprise. If I lived with Sarah’s mom, I might have walked out a long time ago. Knowing her dad, he’s probably in some hotel room watching Friends reruns. I do hope nothing happened to him, though, because with what Sarah is dealing with right now, she doesn’t need any more emotional grief.

Moving on…

Oh, another thing I mentioned in my last post was going to conduct a little interview with some of the police in my town. Well, I never got a chance to visit them because they’re busy (go figure), but they’d try to have one of the detectives see me in a few weeks. Eh, it’s not a bad thing because now I get to think about what I want to ask them. Oh, that reminds me! Do you all have any questions that you’d like me to ask for you? As long as they’re not really strange or completely off-topic, I’d be happy to do that for you. Just post a comment and I’ll make a note of it.

Two more things before I sign off. Remember how I said earlier that Charlie was looking for filming locations? Well, he’s finally gotten a camera that works rather well, so he’s thinking about trying a little film project for the summer. Nothing big, of course, but it’ll keep us entertained. I think he’s going to ask me to work on a script for him, too, so maybe that’ll also help me get over writer’s block.

The second thing kind of corresponds to the first, actually. Charlie invited me to spend the day with him and his girlfriend this Saturday. He mentioned hiking, so I don’t know if I’m going to go (I hate hiking with a passion), but I have a feeling that he’s also going to use this as an opportunity to look for filming locations. If that’s the case, I guess I’ll humor him by going. Maybe I’ll take Sarah with me, too… It might do her some good to get out of that house.

Until next time!

- Arthur Pierce

No comments:

Post a Comment