Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Going Back, Part I

First off, sorry for the delay. Not sure if it's the bad connection or blogger, but I haven't been able to log on for a while. Secondly, I apologize for the post the other night; I was in no danger at the time. See, I've been on the road for several days, and I decided it'd be in my best interest to take the long way around rather than meeting Farstrider in the middle. It didn't really help since the line started curving in my direction, but I managed to get here without incident.

Before I got back to town, though, I needed a way of stopping them from stalking me. Or, at least throwing them off my trail. I've thought about this for a while now, and I think it's time I told you all. I don't believe the Rake and the other one can work together, or, at best they don't like competing for the same victim. I decided to test this out by making a post where it seemed like Farstrider came after me. Since I'm pretty sure amiwhereallcry/hobo is connected to the Rake, my theory was that it'd back off and I'd be able to sneak up on our good friends back in town.

Well, it seemed to work. I didn't see the bastard for the rest of my trip, and... Well, I'll get to that in a minute.

I arrived back in town a few days ago. Things seem like they're the same, like they're going back to normal. One thing that stuck out were these FBI guys in the area, but I'm going to ahead and guess it's because of the kidnappings that I talked about a little while ago. Since the kidnappings went over the state line, it's within their jurisdiction to step in.

Media isn't talking, either, but that's nothing new. I'm sure I've said this before, but I'll say it again: Either these creatures can somehow unconsciously tell people to ignore violent crimes, or someone is covering the disappearances up. And since those FBI guys are in the area, the second reason is becoming more and more likely. Paranoid? Maybe, maybe, but ever since reading some of the other blogs... well, government cover-ups don't seem like they're as far out as they used to be.

Right. Onto the meat of the story.

I went to Charlie's house two days ago, around noon. His parents were away or something, maybe on vacation. I got in through one of the back windows. It wasn't unlocked, so... yeah, I had to break the window. I know what this sounds like, guys, and before you go calling me an idiot for breaking into a house in the middle of the day, let me point out that at least I'm not breaking into abandoned houses in the middle of the night.

I was only there for a few minutes. I had to get the "research" that Charlie had done last year. I believe I mentioned it a while back because I thought Charlie had been seeing Farstrider. Well, it wasn't in his former room; all of his stuff was missing. Hell, even the room looked like it changed. I checked in their basement, though, and found a few boxes of unlabeled things. And, as a stroke of luck, I ended up finding the stuff Charlie had been looking at.

There were a few 'paranormal creature' books, a blank notebook with some pages torn out, and a polaroid of a guy walking out of a building. It's too blurry to tell and I haven't seen him in ages, but I think it might be Sarah's dad when he was a bit younger. I don't know why Charlie had that, and at that moment in time it wasn't my concern.

I found what I was looking for after checking the books: A list of directions to the house where I first saw Farstrider. Charlie was never one to remember exactly where something was, especially if it was in the middle of nowhere. If he was acting as an accomplice when he was living with his parents, I knew he must have either committed the place to memory or wrote down directions. It was a shot in the dark in my case, but I had to find out. Turns out, the place isn't as far as I thought. It was a while away (close to three hours if you're walking), but I was expecting half a day's journey there.

I made it there around four. It wasn't a very bad hike, though the forest gave me the creeps because... well, I shouldn't have to explain why. Anyway, the place still freaks me out even in the daytime. I didn't want to go inside, you know. I want to be done with creepy shit... But I did go in. I had to. And now I wish I hadn't.

I can't type the rest right now. I want to because I need to tell you all what happened, but not right now. I can't concentrate and I feel like I'm going to throw up again.. I might move tonight. Too close for comfort.

Until next time.

- Art

No comments:

Post a Comment