Saturday, May 19, 2012

Safe (?) and a Recap

You know, I've been staring at this brand new laptop screen trying to think of something to say. "I'm back!" sounds a bit too childish, and ignoring what has happened is kind of a jerk move. Since my sanity is most certainly questionable, I might be better off recounting what's happened to me throughout this year.

That has the added benefit of bringing everyone up to speed, too. Awesome.

So, about a year and ten days ago, I started this blog with every intention of trying to help my writer's block. It worked for a little while, and I eventually attracted a bit of a following! That's when the weird stuff started to happen. I noticed that a few of my followers were into what I previously thought was an Internet meme: The Slender Man. I started to get into it, even started writing my own little short story featuring the faceless creep.

Not my brightest idea ever, but how could I know a lot of crap was about to happen? I didn't know about the shitstorm that was about to happen in my town. The first major event was my friend's dad disappearing, only to reappear and get killed soon after. I think I know what killed him, but more on that later.

Throughout that period of time, kids were disappearing. Though I found out later that I was so wrong about Slender Man taking them, this still had a tremendous impact on my psyche at the time.

The next thing I know, I'm having these dreams where I'm a kid again and finding bones in presents and shit like that. There was this one dream that had me going to a house in the middle of the woods, and later I found a place exactly like it. And that's when I had my first encounter with the damn monster. This was my first encounter with the Slender Sonuvabitch, and it was actually my only encounter for quite a few months. But that didn't stop me from being terrified, now did it? It didn't stop me from 'warning' people that their children were being abducted by a nicely-dressed bogeyman. Not many believed me, but some did - and that's when the disappearances started to happen. Disappearances that I caused. Yeah, that did a number for me, didn't it...

And then Charlie disappears off the face of the earth. I'm being serious, too! I talked to our friends, his parents, anyone that had any connection to him. It was like I had imagined him...

Oh, and some asshole named 'amiwhereallcry' started putting up anonymous comments on previous blog posts. (This was before he made the account he's been using to hijack my blog.) I started to connect the dots, and thought that maybe this son of a bitch was my own personal 'proxy' (the name for people controlled by the Slender Sonuvabitch), the painted hobo. Someone tried pretending to be him, and next thing I know, amiwhereallcry puts another video on his YouTube channel saying "not to do it again". Ever since then, no one's pretended to be him. I have a really bad feeling that someone who tried to screw with me ended up dead, so that's another life added to the count.

Then the motherfucker burned down my house. I don't know which one of them did it; it could have been the Slender Man and his "magical powers" (my God, that sounded so corny it brought back memories of The Sorcerer's Apprentice; DAMN IT!), or it could have been the hobo. However, I noticed that the dickhead with the warpaint on (no, really) seemed to be protecting me.

Oh, and did I mention the whispers? The damn whispers that almost drove me insane? Yeah...

Once people started disappearing, it had a ripple effect. Some paid more attention to what I said, and they went bye-bye, too. My fault, again.

So maybe that's why I feel like I deserved the attack around Halloween. You see, the thing that was causing the whispers - this ugly bastard people call the Rake - assaulted me and put me in the hospital for a few days. It wasn't anything major (aside from losing a lot of blood, which is kind of major? Not sure), but it still freaks me out.

Around Christmas time, I wanted to take a more offensive stance on the issue. I discovered that the whispers I had been hearing were a kind of subliminal messaging, trying to make me forget about... well, everything. Mostly just the other monster, though. And that's when I got my bright idea to tape the whispers and see if they worked on people that are being affected by the Slender Man. You know, maybe I could stop what I had started, right?

Then I had to announce it to the entire bloody world, leading to one of the final events of this wonderful chapter I like to call "The Fall of Arthur Pierce":

I was driven out of my home as I was being hunted by two paranormal creatures, one of which I planned on using against the other, while the other being kind of pissed off that I was about to cut off its food supply.

So, there you have it. A whole year's worth of stuff that's been going on in my life.

I plan on making another update tomorrow explaining what I've been up to and how I'm still alive, but until then...

- Art

P.S. Don't worry about the last post. It's a scare tactic being used by amiwhereallcry in order to draw me out. Trust me, my family and whatever friends I have left are safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment